know Your Pan Jurisdiction

By | November 18, 2016

If you are a Pan Card holder then you must know your Pan Jurisdiction. It is important for you to know your Pan Card jurisdiction because a situation can come where you need to know about your jurisdictional Assessing officer. Assessing officer is linked to your pan card so you must know about your jurisdictional officer.  Their are some simple steps that you need to follow which will help you to know your pan jurisdiction much more easily.

Pan Card Verification by Name and Date of Birth

Steps taken for Pan Card Jurisdiction:

If you want to know your pan card jurisdiction then you need to follow these simple steps-

  • First of all you need to go to Income tax E-filling website which is a government website.
  • Click on the left hand side know your jurisdictional AO.
  • This will take you to your income tax Assessing officers page where you need to enter your pan card number and write the correct captcha and click on the submit option.
  • After submitting you will get details like first name, middle name, Area code AO type, range code, jurisdiction, building name and e-mail address.

Step to Apply for Duplicate Pan Card Online

Know Your Jurisdictional Assessing officer

An assessing officer is a person who has all the powers to make decisions about your income tax. He may be an income tax officer or any other person.He makes assessment of the assesee. An assessing officer are various officers accordingly who are allowed to assess the record in their particular area only. The address of the tax payer which is linked to pan is used to determine the jurisdiction of income tax officer. Jurisdiction officer is basically the income tax officer who has the authority of your Pan card .

For example- If you have applied for your pan while living in Indore. Then the income tax officer of Indore will be the jurisdiction for that particular person. Typically processing of all the income tax is done under assessing officer.

Changing PAN details will not change your jurisdiction of Pan automatically.If you need to transfer your details of pan card then your assessing officer will be the same. You just need to tell your assessing officer to transfer the details of your pan card and transfer it to the appropriate assessing officer

Change of Your Jurisdictional Assessing officer

It is usual that people shift to new place for several reasons or may be due to marriage reasons women needs to change their address on pan card. Or may be you shifted from an old job from Mumbai to a new job in Banglore that time your jurisdiction was Mumbai and because now you want to pay income tax you need to contact your jurisdictional officer either you have to give a written application for that or he/she will transfer your details to the appropriate jurisdictional officer either you need to give in written or they will automatically transfer it.

So if you are stuck as how to change the name of pan card or any other details then  you just need to contact your Pan card jurisdiction officer.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *