PAN card and Aadhar card are two most important document in every once life. These two documents play an important role in any financial transaction as well as showing identity proof. Recently, the government of India has passed a rule in which PAN card must be linked to Aadhaar card so that the dream of digital Indian take one next step toward digitization. The Indian government is putting their best to make digital progress in India. This step is being done in order to prevent duplicasy because it is found that person has issued more than one PAN in their names.
This is a fruitful step to stop the corruption at a significant level. As we all know that the LPG connections are already linked to the respective Aadhaar number of the consumer. Now the process of linking Linking PAN Card and Aadhaar Card is also initiated. According to the sources, Aadhaar card now becomes a central document and soon it will be linked with a ration card, Voter ID, LPG connections, Passport, PAN card, and other documents. If you don’t know your PAN No. then read here to Know Your PAN Number.
One question that hit on every once mind that how to link PAN with Aadhar card and why it is necessary to link to Aadhar with PAN card. In this page, we will try our best to answer your all the question that generally arises in your mind related to this topic.
This practice is implemented to eliminate the deceitful practices and fraud accounts from the database. Fraud people always carry two voter ID or PAN card to hind their black money and illegal activities but with all these linkages it becomes tough to do all these types of activities. One more question about this topic that usually roaming in the mind of people is that why Aadhar card is becoming a basic identity proof an individual in India. Here is your answer, only Aadhaar card contains all possible information of a person including their biometric identities like retina color and fingerprints. These data can not be duplicated therefore Aadhar card is becoming a basic identity proof and the government wants to link it with other documents to avoid any fraudulent.
Process to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- First of all register on the Income tax e-Filing portal if you are new here or get login
- After you login to the official website of Income Tax Department by entering a User ID (PAN Card Number) and Password which you have created at time of registering to site.
- After successful login, one pop window will appear on your screen that indicate you to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card, if not then on top menu, Click on “Profile Settings” > Link Aadhaar.
- Your PAN details as Name as per PAN details, Bate of Birth as per PAN details, Gender as per PAN details are already mentioned in the form.
- Only need to enter “Aadhaar Number“.
- Then click on “Link Aadhaar” button as shown below
- After clicking on button, a pop-up message will appear on your screen that will inform you that your “Aadhaar PAN Linking is Completed Successfully“.
We hope that above mentioned step by step method with Image will help you to link your PAN card with Aadhar card easily..